Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 13 13 8:42 PM

Tags : :

Don't be shy, feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself :)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 19 14 1:35 AM

Hi, Can you explain something to me? When I click on members as an admin of a group, I see some members have points. It appears all members start at 100, whereas others have 140, 102 points etc. Could you explain where these points come from? I can provide a screenshot if you're unclear.

Also I have a suggestion
When subscribing to threads, would it be possible if they became bold (the title) or something with new posts? I find often the eyeball symbols don't work correctly.
Thanks,

BananaDiandra Cool02

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 19 14 8:52 AM

Hi Lietome, welcome!

Points.. that's a well kept secret. We don't spill the beans on that recipe, to prevent abuse. Not saying you'd abuse the system, but we know from experience that many do :)

I can tell you a couple things though.. you gain points by making friends and posting. That are just two ways, there are more ::

The bold.. maybe post it in the features suggestion forum, as that is a suggested feature.

Thanks

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 20 14 12:10 AM

Okay thank you. However, I run a fairly active private forum and we don't really care about points. As an admin, we were just trying to figure out what they were. I will post in the suggestion forum.

BananaDiandra Cool02

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 24 14 3:03 AM

Just here to introduce me.

Name: Sandy (obviously)
Hail From: Dorset in the UK
Age: As old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth.
Love: The profiles and blogs here.
Looking forward to: Getting to know more people.

Visit me - Comment - Shout - Friend Me

Last Edited By: Sandy Feb 24 14 4:27 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 24 14 12:06 PM

Hi Sandy, welcome!

I looked at your profile... quit the fags almost 18 months ago, it doesn't seem that long, but oh dear, congrats! That's an incredible accomplishment.

(This is ChrisW by the way).

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 24 14 1:41 PM

Hiya Chris. Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the fags are a thing of the past now. I still have the odd urge though and I think I always will. Now I just have to get rid of all the extra weight I've put on over these last months.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 24 14 4:53 PM

Yes I saw your weight counter too and figured it was because of the quitting. Great job on quitting though!

It's great that you got the global Sandy name here! Nice blog too :)

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 25 14 3:58 AM

I only tried this name on the off chance. Never really thought it would be available. As for the Blog, you know me and these blogs, lol. Just can't resist using them.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 23 14 6:04 PM

Hi all,

I just wanted to say how much I really enjoy using these forums. While I still have just recently created my account as a forum administrator for my clan on a video game, I can say that there has been much thought put into configuring and developing these communities.

I have had one question that I have not been able to figure out on my own. I know that there is a distinction between Lefora Support and Community-Based Support; however, the link at the bottom of my community appears to send a ticket to Lefora Support. I have been telling my members to just compose an email to the support account using the support username in the 'To:' box; however, I didn't know if there should be a built-in link that makes this less cumbersome for members to send in support tickets.

Also, I cannot find where users can submit reports to admins. I do not find any report button on any posts.

Reguards,

Austin

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 25 14 8:20 AM

Hi Austin, welcome :)

Forum support and community support are the same. I will give you a bit more information on that. It used to be different and community support would go to the community, but it was very confusing for admins, so we redirected the link to the help desk.

If you think members might get confused about it, you can change the name to something else. Click Labels in your admin control panel, you'll see where to change it there.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 26 14 1:43 PM

Lefora Team wrote:
Hi Austin, welcome :)

Forum support and community support are the same. I will give you a bit more information on that. It used to be different and community support would go to the community, but it was very confusing for admins, so we redirected the link to the help desk.

If you think members might get confused about it, you can change the name to something else. Click Labels in your admin control panel, you'll see where to change it there.

Thank you very much!

I will be looking forward to continuing use of this website.

Austin

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 13 15 5:39 AM

Hello, My name is Lee, I'm new. In college and a netizen.

I was wondering what defines an active forum to you?
and why don't you have like a discover forums thing right at the front page of the site. it would help if the find forums thing was more visible and working.

knowing me, my forum is gonna take forever to form, right now its just me. but im trying netnap my pals who are busy with college like me to brainstorm with me.
can we save and duplicate complete communities + posts for backup purposes at later dates?

anyway yeah. saw people asking questions here so..

i also cant find spoiler button in the post editor but quick replies have shortcuts xD

your supportforums are everywhere. it took a while to find this one. Could look into that.

lastly, I get weed ads, anyway to atleast switch to different ads tho?

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 13 15 7:55 AM

Hello and welcome, Lee :)

What defines an active forum? I really think it depends on whom you ask. Some people consider their forum active when they have a couple posts a day, others don't think it's active unless they have 100 posts a day. Some base level of activity on post count and others base it on pageviews.

We're in desperate need of a tutorial on how to promote a forum. I think we can get that ready by the end of this week. It's easy to start a forum, but getting members is a whole different ballgame.
Don't forget to add your forum at http://promote.lefora.com

Spoiler button: Good question :) In the editor, you have to type the code. In quick reply you can use short cuts.

Support forums: We only have one, but we also have a couple Lefora related forums that are not really help forums, but more like forums that sustain the help forum. The help forum here is not used much, which is a pity, so thank you for posting here :)

Weed ads: Eh.. let me talk to da boss about that :)

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 13 15 10:50 AM

Hey. Thanks for Answering everything. really helps me.

Yeah, I was checking out forums there, Mine is not even close to ready yet as I am still deciding on its structure, I dont really understand the community avatar part underneath the tags, but I think I can eventually figure it out. I need brain stormers for rules and stuff users may like to bring them in xD

No kidding, only thing you can do is attach it to an official site with traffic or promote on other social network and blogs. Lets face it, word of mouth wont get anywhere in this day and age xD

btw what is for the "The World" in the promote forum?

haha yeah, I figured the spoiler code out. I changed my editors looking for it at first.

Yeah, think I came here through a thread reply in the promote thread. Ill be linking this forum on my community along with the promote forum later. help my 'future' users out ;)

and yeah weed tracker or something. its in the banner and blocks xD

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help